AboutOriginally a 17th century farmhouse on the Exton Estate, home to the Noel family (Earl of Gainsborough) for generations at the head of a horse chestnut tree-lined avenue, Barnsdale Lodge hotel is now a superb 44 bedroom hotel and restaurant.
Situated in its own graceful and tranquil gardens on the glorious north shore of Rutland Water, the hotel is built in local mellow Rutland stone, quarried from the adjacent estate of the Earl of Gainsborough. With its gentle undulating fields and spectacular views of the lake, it is one of England's hidden treasures.
Superb fresh local produce is always available with an excellent choice of wine, all combined with a friendly ambience and the highest quality personal service. For a memorable weekend break, a special meal, a personal celebration or a professional business conference, Barnsdale Lodge Hotel will give you a very warm welcome.
- Cater for vegetarians
- Serve breakfast
- Serve evening meal
- Serve lunch
- Available for wedding receptions
- Conference facilities
- Groups accepted
- Pets accepted
- Private rooms
- Certificate of Excellence 2016
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good31
- David HRutland, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayCelebratory LunchWednesday, 15th February 2017A great place for a group of diners. Staff are attentive and helpful and the dinning area in the conservatory is bright and airy. The food is of good quality with locally sourced ingredients, well... Read full review
- Sandaw54Oakham, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayExcellent meal for a groupFriday, 27th January 2017Went here for a group meal with one of the local clubs. Had to pre order food, but there was a good range of choices. Had a separate room for our group which was great and the service and food was... Read full review
- MikesalterThornton le Moor, United KingdomTrip Type:BusinessGood standardFriday, 27th January 2017Stayed the night in the hotel and ate in the restaurant. Wellcome was friendly but efficient rather than relaxed. I ordered the local Rutland water trout and this came as a large fillet on top of... Read full review
Map & Directions
- AA Awards AA 1 Rosette 2010
|Barnsdale lodge (1 Jan 2017 - 31 Dec 2017)|