AboutOriginally a 17th century farmhouse on the Exton Estate, home to the Noel family (Earl of Gainsborough) for generations at the head of a horse chestnut tree-lined avenue, Barnsdale Lodge hotel is now a superb 44 bedroom hotel and restaurant.
Situated in its own graceful and tranquil gardens on the glorious north shore of Rutland Water, the hotel is built in local mellow Rutland stone, quarried from the adjacent estate of the Earl of Gainsborough. With its gentle undulating fields and spectacular views of the lake, it is one of England's hidden treasures.
Superb fresh local produce is always available with an excellent choice of wine, all combined with a friendly ambience and the highest quality personal service. For a memorable weekend break, a special meal, a personal celebration or a professional business conference, Barnsdale Lodge Hotel will give you a very warm welcome.
- Cater for vegetarians
- Serve breakfast
- Serve evening meal
- Serve lunch
- Available for wedding receptions
- Conference facilities
- Groups accepted
- Pets accepted
- Private rooms
- Certificate of Excellence 2016
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good32
- Pukeko54Beverley, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyGood food in pleasant surroundingsMonday, 20th March 2017Lunched here in one Saturday lunchtime. Very pleasant and efficient staff. Wide choice on the menu ranging from sandwiches to full 3 course lunch. The food we ordered was well cooked and arrived... Read full review
- Susan JShrewsbury, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawaydelicious and interesting foodFriday, 10th March 2017I ate Quail for a first course and the fish special (plaice) for main. All very reasonably priced and beautifully presented. It was so difficult to choose. Breakfast equally well cooked and... Read full review
- Tracy JLincoln, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesSuper quality food in a lovely restaurantMonday, 6th March 2017Excellent choice of menu - very pleasant setting in the conservatory style dining area. Lovely cosy sitting area for pre and post dinner drinks Read full review
Map & Directions
- AA Awards AA 1 Rosette 2010
|Barnsdale lodge (1 Jan 2017 - 31 Dec 2017)|