The Fox and Hounds Hotel is a handsome former 17th Century coaching inn that dominates the Green in the picturesque Rutland village of Exton. The building oozes character, with a number of fireplaces for cosy winter evenings and a pretty garden for lazy summer days. Privately owned, you can be assured of a warm welcome, with every amenity to make your stay a pleasurable one.
The entire building has benefited from a major refurbishment and now offers four boutique hotel luxury rooms. All rooms are ensuite, are individually decorated, and come with broadband internet, Netflix, digital free view, complimentary White Company toiletries, Egyptian cotton linen & bathrobes in the bathrooms, and Espresso coffee and tea making machine. There is also free parking.
Dining at the Fox and Hounds is a treat. Our kitchen is headed up by Omar Palazzolo (Nobu, Tom's Kitchen, The Arts Club), with some exceptional seasonal menus. The bar menu offers a quirky take on the British classics, from share platters to sandwiches. For more formal dining, the restaurant and deck offers Modern European inspired dishes. On Sundays, a traditional menu is served from noon.
- In countryside
- Cater for vegetarians
- Serve evening meal
- Serve lunch
- Certificate of Excellence 2016
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good61
- dulcieandjamieWarwick, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyThe best Sunday lunch I've had in yearsMonday, 13th March 2017We are quite picky when it comes to pubs and Sunday lunches...I worked in the pub and restaurant industry for over 20 years and we find the quality can be a bit hit and miss. And we always think our... Read full review
- CarolynPRobsonLeicestershire, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilySunday Lunch and candlesSunday, 26th February 2017Been before and really enjoyed ! Booked a 2.15 sitting today but incredibly slow and didn't get any food till 3.15 and then a muddled order! Would be so much better if they provided bread or olives... Read full review
- Vanessa RBournemouth, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesLast minute bookingSaturday, 25th February 2017We turned up at this charming Inn only 30 mins after booking online but were welcomed like family. As our room was being prepared we settled down in the bar in front of the open fire and enjoyed a... Read full review
Map & Directions
- Regional and Miscellaneous Cask Marque 2010
- Regional and Miscellaneous Good Pub Guide 2010 2010
|open (1 Jan 2017 - 31 Dec 2017)|