The Fox and Hounds Hotel is a handsome former 17th Century coaching inn that dominates the Green in the picturesque Rutland village of Exton. The building oozes character, with a number of fireplaces for cosy winter evenings and a pretty garden for lazy summer days. Privately owned, you can be assured of a warm welcome, with every amenity to make your stay a pleasurable one.
The entire building has benefited from a major refurbishment and now offers four boutique hotel luxury rooms. All rooms are ensuite, are individually decorated, and come with broadband internet, Netflix, digital free view, complimentary White Company toiletries, Egyptian cotton linen & bathrobes in the bathrooms, and Espresso coffee and tea making machine. There is also free parking.
Dining at the Fox and Hounds is a treat. Our kitchen is headed up by Omar Palazzolo (Nobu, Tom's Kitchen, The Arts Club), with some exceptional seasonal menus. The bar menu offers a quirky take on the British classics, from share platters to sandwiches. For more formal dining, the restaurant and deck offers Modern European inspired dishes. On Sundays, a traditional menu is served from noon.
- In countryside
- Cater for vegetarians
- Serve evening meal
- Serve lunch
- Certificate of Excellence 2016
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good62
- Ally MTrip Type:FamilyA lunchtime visitSaturday, 22nd April 2017Beautiful building, very good service and staff knew about their food. As I have difficult diet restrictions, they were able to advise contents, though I ended up with 2 side dishes, both very nice... Read full review
- mihayukCoventry, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyNice place but food was disappointingSunday, 16th April 2017A nice relaxing atmosphere and pleasant setting with attentive staff but we were disappointed with the food. I had the ribeye steak which was overdone for medium-rare and a bit tough, and my wife had... Read full review
- addisonchrisRedlynch, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesElegant, cosy and welcomingThursday, 13th April 2017Lovely olde worlde hotel/pub in stunning village. Staff are so polite and helpful. Great quality snack. Will definitely return. Our 2 spaniels loved it too. Read full review
Map & Directions
- Regional and Miscellaneous Cask Marque 2010
- Regional and Miscellaneous Good Pub Guide 2010 2010
|open (1 Jan 2017 - 31 Dec 2017)|