The Fox Country Pub and Dining is an 18th Century Inn idyllically set in the quiet picturesque village of North Luffenham in Rutland, England’s smallest county. An attractive 18th century double fronted stone property with a local Collyweston slate roof, the building affords lots of charm and character. Proud to be 2016 Rutland CAMRA pub of the year!!
Located only a mile from the stunning Rutland Water, the pub caters and welcomes people from all walks of life. A traditional village pub with a contemporary twist it is the perfect place to visit whether you are local to the area, or one of our regular visitors getting away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life.
The Fox undertook an extensive 7 month refurbishment commencing 2014. It proudly reopened its doors in March 2015. It now welcomes customers to a beautiful dedicated restaurant area, a lounge area with warm cosy seating, two inviting wood burners, oak & flagstone flooring, low ceilings with exposed oak beams & a beautiful new oak bar hand built by local craftsmen. On the outside there is an attractive & colourful patio garden & a dedicated car park.
The team is committed to providing good wholesome home cooked food using fresh locally sourced ingredients whenever possible. There are four frequently changing real ales from micro, local and national brewers, along with a selection of fine wines and spirits from around the world. The seasonal menu changes monthly, and The Fox also offers a Sunday lunch menu including 2 roast options.
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age)
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
- Cater for vegetarians
- Serve evening meal
- Serve lunch
- Special dietary requirements catered for
- All major credit/debit cards accepted
- Beer garden
- Garden/patio for guests use
- Groups accepted
- Real log/coal fires
- Certificate of Excellence 2016
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good19
- Original-TinbumMarket Harborough, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilySunday lunch - big on taste, BIG on sizeTuesday, 21st March 2017We had heard that this is where a proper Sunday lunch is served, so we booked. When we arrived, the place was buzzing, and we were promptly and courteously shown to our table = just the right size... Read full review
- Karen BNorwich, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesFabulous!!Tuesday, 21st March 2017We called in at The Fox for Sunday Lunch a week ago and it was absolutely fantastic! We loved the place so much we went again for Lunch on the Thursday before returning home on the Friday morning... Read full review
- mariosilva2017Bedford, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyExcellent in all aspectsMonday, 6th March 2017A friendly welcome, a great ambient, great service by a cheerful staff, excellent food on a very relaxing atmosphere. No rush on the service of a Sunday Lunch a great place to have a nice and relaxed... Read full review
Map & Directions
|Open (1 Jan 2017 - 31 Dec 2017)|