The Fox Country Pub and Dining is an 18th Century Inn idyllically set in the quiet picturesque village of North Luffenham in Rutland, England’s smallest county. An attractive 18th century double fronted stone property with a local Collyweston slate roof, the building affords lots of charm and character. Proud to be 2016 Rutland CAMRA pub of the year!!
Located only a mile from the stunning Rutland Water, the pub caters and welcomes people from all walks of life. A traditional village pub with a contemporary twist it is the perfect place to visit whether you are local to the area, or one of our regular visitors getting away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life.
The Fox undertook an extensive 7 month refurbishment commencing 2014. It proudly reopened its doors in March 2015. It now welcomes customers to a beautiful dedicated restaurant area, a lounge area with warm cosy seating, two inviting wood burners, oak & flagstone flooring, low ceilings with exposed oak beams & a beautiful new oak bar hand built by local craftsmen. On the outside there is an attractive & colourful patio garden & a dedicated car park.
The team is committed to providing good wholesome home cooked food using fresh locally sourced ingredients whenever possible. There are four frequently changing real ales from micro, local and national brewers, along with a selection of fine wines and spirits from around the world. The seasonal menu changes monthly, and The Fox also offers a Sunday lunch menu including 2 roast options.
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age)
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
- Cater for vegetarians
- Serve evening meal
- Serve lunch
- Special dietary requirements catered for
- All major credit/debit cards accepted
- Beer garden
- Garden/patio for guests use
- Groups accepted
- Real log/coal fires
- Certificate of Excellence 2016
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good20
- deb6176UkTrip Type:Friends getawayGreat pub and great value for money menuFriday, 14th April 2017Great place for dinner. Good menu. The fish and chips is biggest portion we have ever had. Steak a bit small. Read full review
- dave vNorthamptonshire, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayAwesome meal !!!Thursday, 13th April 2017Went there last night with 2 wonderful friends and had an amazing meal Starters Camembert with bread - rally lovely cheese and excellent bread Crispy duck spring rolls - absolutely wonderful. 2... Read full review
- Andrew LUppingham, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayEating OutTuesday, 11th April 2017West ate at The Fox at the weekend with friends finding the staff very friendly and giving you plenty of time to choose. The meal it's self was very good with a good range to choose from. Read full review
Map & Directions
|Open (1 Jan 2017 - 31 Dec 2017)|