The Olive Branch is the best pub in Britain, according to the Good Pub Guide 2014.
This special place combines the relaxed approach and feel of a traditional country pub with professional service, top-notch comfort and exceptional food and drink. Superbly consistent, it’s little wonder that this Rutland gastro-pub has won so many awards.
The kitchen is headed up by Sean Hope, joint proprietor, who specialises in taste-packed classics, skilfully working with flavours that were made to go together rather than trying to reinvent the wheel. This straightforward yet impressive cooking philosophy goes perfectly with the laidback but stylish environment that Sean and fellow owner Ben Jones have carefully crafted inside.
Beech House is The Olive Branch’s award-winning bed and breakfast accommodation, situated opposite the pub. The Olive Branch is the current holder of a Good Hotel Guide 2017’s Editor’s Choice Award and Alistair Sawday’s Fabulous Food Award.
- In countryside
Parking & Transport
- Off site parking
- On site parking
- Cater for vegetarians
- Serve evening meal
- Serve lunch
- Booking required
- Garden/patio for guests use
- Groups accepted
- Real log/coal fires
- Certificate of Excellence 2016
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good145
- Tim CTrip Type:CouplesSuperb in every wayTuesday, 21st March 2017Booked to dine with a close friend for a special birthday. Flowers I'd ordered were magnificent. Food was simply superb, including a complimentary starter of fresh pea soup. My friend's dessert... Read full review
- MrsOEMilton KeynesTrip Type:CouplesSpecial, Very SpecialMonday, 20th March 2017My husband surprised me on my birthday with a fabulous trip to The Olive Branch and once again the experience was first class. We had a lovely table for two (my husband had been into the restaurant... Read full review
- Rosemarie WOakham, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayWonderful food!Saturday, 18th March 2017We loved this restaurant. Although it can be difficult to get a table, the cooking is exceptional and there is a lovely atmosphere. The service was excellent. Read full review
Map & Directions
- AA Awards AA 2 Rosettes 2016
|Open New Year|
|The Olive Branch (1 Jan 2017 - 31 Dec 2017)|