The Olive Branch is the best pub in Britain, according to the Good Pub Guide 2014...
This special place combines the relaxed approach and feel of a traditional country pub with professional service, top-notch comfort and exceptional food and drink. Superbly consistent, it’s little wonder that this Rutland gastro-pub has won so many awards.
The kitchen is headed up by Sean Hope, joint proprietor, who specialises in taste-packed classics, skilfully working with flavours that were made to go together rather than trying to reinvent the wheel. This straightforward yet impressive cooking philosophy goes perfectly with the laidback but stylish environment that Sean and fellow owner Ben Jones have carefully crafted inside.
Beech House is The Olive Branch’s award-winning bed and breakfast accommodation, situated opposite the pub. The Olive Branch is the current holder of a Good Hotel Guide 2017’s Editor’s Choice Award and Alistair Sawday’s Fabulous Food Award.
- In countryside
Parking & Transport
- Off site parking
- On site parking
- Cater for vegetarians
- Serve evening meal
- Serve lunch
- Booking required
- Garden/patio for guests use
- Groups accepted
- Real log/coal fires
- Certificate of Excellence 2016
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good146
- st cCambridge UKTrip Type:Friends getawayLovely place with mixed results.Tuesday, 25th April 2017Camehere on a Sunday for a friend's birthday meal. Pub is in a lovely setting and has a wide range of drinks on tap - better choice than your usual pub! Dining room is lovely and not too crowded... Read full review
- graypiper1Peterborough, United KingdomA branch to far....Sunday, 16th April 2017I'll start off with the setting, a rural location, picturesque with a feel of warmth. A country barn house converted to an attractive restaurant, by open lit fire place a cosy ambiance. The dining... Read full review
- Peter SHitchinTrip Type:Friends getawaySet in lovely countryside.Tuesday, 11th April 2017It was okay. The food was acceptable. Clean. The service was friendly. Close to Oakham and Stamford. We had the lunch menu. Read full review
Map & Directions
- AA Awards AA 2 Rosettes 2016
|Mon-Sun (1 Jan 2017 - 31 Dec 2017)|
|Monday - Sunday||08:00||- 23:00|
* Open all day everyday