AboutThe Sun Inn is a traditional thatched village Pub. It has retained many of the original features with oak beams and inglenook fireplace. A great range of light snacks and restaurant meals are available Monday to Saturday lunchtimes with dinners served 7 days a week. Three roasts are also available on sundays when food is served all day. Fresh fish and daily specials complement an extensive menu of freshly prepared dishes with some mouth watering home made desserts.
The Sun has private dining facilities for up to 70 guests for parties, weddings or meetings. There are two outside seating areas for approx.50 people. Four real ales are a permanent feature with an extensive wine list.
A warm welcome is guaranteed at the Sun with great food and drink in pleasant surroundings. The Sun is open 365 days a year with Christmas day being the one day food is not served.
- Designated parking provided for guests with disabilities
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age)
Parking & Transport
- Off site parking
- On site parking
- Cater for vegetarians
- Serve evening meal
- Serve lunch
- Special dietary requirements catered for
- Delta accepted
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Solo accepted
- Visa accepted
- Groups accepted
- Pets accepted
- Certificate of Excellence 2016
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good37
- Katie BTrip Type:FamilyPerfect carverySunday, 16th April 2017Visited for Easter Sunday as a group of 7. Pleasantly surprised to find four perfectly cooked tender meats on offer and a wide array of home cooked trimmings. The cauliflower cheese and creamed... Read full review
- JamieSimpson041DoncasterTrip Type:Friends getawayExcellent foodSunday, 19th March 2017Was staying at stretton lakes with friends. We decided to eat out and this place didn't disappoint. Food was lovely and pretty quick. Lovely little pub and excellent food. Will go again when I next... Read full review
- Kim RTrip Type:CouplesBirthday treatSaturday, 18th March 2017We both had steak, absolutely fantastic meal, steak, one rare one medium, cooked to perfection, lovely home made chips plus the mushrooms,veg and side salad. Definitely recommend and definitely going... Read full review
Map & Directions
A1 and A606 are both 2 miles away.
Public Transport Directions
Railway station located at Oakham, 2 miles away.
|Open New Year|
|The Sun Inn (1 Jan 2017 - 31 Dec 2017)|