Spanhoe Lodge is situated in the East Northamptonshire Village of Laxton, just 2 miles from the Rutland Border and the Welland Valley Viaduct. Close to market towns of Oakham, Uppingham and Stamford, and near to Rutland Water Nature Reserve. Whether for a romantic break, time away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life, a special occasion or business, Spanhoe Lodge offers everything you want and more. It is relaxing, comfortable, peaceful, tranquil and indulgent. You will not be disturbed by the roar of traffic, and be able to sit back and enjoy the beautiful views over the Northamptonshire countryside.
Reece & Neil purchased Spanhoe Lodge in 2015, and since then have continually renovated the building and grounds to make it what it is today. We are proud of our achievement in our short space of time and our awards include
- AA 4 Star Silver Award
- Yearly Certificate of Excellence from Trip Advisor (Now travellers choice)
- Consistent score of 9.4 or above on Booking.com
- 5 star food hygiene rating.
From restoring our Dakota Dining Room and outdoor Decking area, to our bright new and spacious reception area, re decoration of our Snooker Room and the addition of our Heated Outdoor Swimming Pool & Hot Tub area, Spanhoe Lodge continues to make improvements to enhance our guests experience.
We have 8 individually decorated rooms named after local villages and towns all our rooms include:-
- Either Country Side or Swimming Pool View
- Comfortable King, Twin or Super-king Sized Beds. (Family room option available)
- Ability to have interconnecting rooms
- Ensuite bathrooms with power showers and luxury Gilchrist & Soames Toiletries & Bathrobes
- Tea & coffee making facilities and fridge with fresh milk and bottled water
- Flat screen televisions with Freeview. Some rooms have a DVD player
- Complimentary High speed Wifi
- Direct Dial Telephone
We have a number of dining options available for our guests. These include
- Full English Breakfast with continental options.
- Traditional pub style menu served in the evenings
- Afternoon tea
- Daytime Cafe menu
You won’t go hungry at Spanhoe Lodge. All dishes are prepared in house using fresh produce which where possible is sourced from local suppliers.
Other facilities include our Games Room with Snooker / Pool Table, Darts & Board games.
The pool & hot tub are situated in a secluded garden outside bedrooms 5 – 8. During the summer months this is a real sun trap, benefitting from the sun all day. Loungers, and seating areas provided.
The pool is heated to approximately 29°c, and is available to use between April and October. The pool has a constant depth of 1.3 meters, with steps & a seating bench at one end. The Jacuzzi Hot Tub is available all year round and is heated to approximately 38°c.
We look forward to welcoming you to Spanhoe Lodge.
|Superior Rooms||Room||Night||£75.00 to £115.00|
Gradings & Awards
We are open all year round including Christmas and New Year.
Our food service times are as follows:-
- Monday to Friday – 7.00 – 8.30am
- Saturday & Sunday / bank holidays – 8.30 – 10.00am
We offer an evening menu with popular pub classics.
Evening Food is available
- Monday to Saturday 6.00 – 9.00pm
- Monday to Saturday: 2.00 – 5.00pm
Our Daytime Cafe is open
- Monday – Sunday 10:00 – 4:00pm
The above times are at the discretion and availability of the management.
Tel (1): 01780 450328
Tel (2): 07903147625
Email: [email protected]
Coming from A43
If you use our postcode NN17 3AT in your sat nav, it will probably drop you at the edge of the village of Laxton. Continue to drive for about 1/2 a mile and on the right hand side you will see a Bungalow. Immediately after it there is a gravel drive. Turn onto the gravel drive and follow signs to reception. The drive bears round to the right and reception is on the left.
Coming from Harringworth
Proceed out of the village of Harringworth on Deene Road. Continue up the hill and drive for about 1 mile. Spanhoe Lodge is on the left hand side just after you pass the War Memorial outside Spanhoe Airfield. If you reach the village of Laxton, you have gone too far.