- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Double||from £95.00 to £130.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Family||from £90.00 to £155.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Single||from £85.00 to £95.00 per room (breakfast included)|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
Overlooking Rutland Water and the undulating hills of Englands smallest county, this former 17th Century farmhouse adjacent to the estate of the Earl of Gainsborough, is an idyllic retreat for anyone wishing to escape.
Lovingly restored and at the head of a tree lined avenue, Barnsdale is located to the North of Oakham, with its well preserved Market Square (market days Wednesdays and Saturdays).
En suite bedrooms offer complete relaxation. Two are specially designed for disabled guests, some are inter-connecting or four poster and many offer panoramic views South over Rutland Water.
Barnsdale Lodge also offers 5-star self-catering breaks in our Rutland Retreats, a collection of 3-bedroom buildings with fully-fitted kitchens and open-plan living space, set in a beautiful, idyllic, natural countryside surrounding. Each Retreat comprises a master bedroom and two additional bedrooms. The master bedroom has an en-suite shower room, double wardrobe and French doors opening onto the garden. The additional bedrooms both have built-in wardrobes and doors opening out to the private gardens, and share a family bathroom..
Rutland Retreats is adjacent to Barnsdale Lodge and within easy walking distance, therefore guests can take advantage of the hotel’s on-site facilities including the hair and beauty salons, bar, lounge and restaurant, at any time of the day (advance booking is recommended).
Guests staying in a Retreat can take full advantage of Barnsdale Lodge’s concierge service (please contact reception for details on pricing and availability for our concierge services), including the following:
• “Barnsdale at Home” personal catering in your Retreat – picnics, dinner parties, BBQ’s, canapés, wine and romantic meals for two.
• Housekeeping – personal maid, laundry and other domestic services.
• Porter service – transport to and from your Retreat within the hotel grounds.
• Farm shop – food hampers delivered to your door with a range of wonderful homemade and local produce.
• Activity planning – bike hire, boat hire, fishing trips, horse riding, shooting, walking and many more water sports on Rutland Water.
• Guided tours of the local area
Dining is available in one of the three dining rooms, the conservatory or weather permitting, in the courtyard garden.
Conferences, wedding receptions, product launches and private parties take place in the separate banqueting suite and Barnsdale can cater for up to 180 guests.
- Dogs Accepted
- Country house
- In countryside - Just across from the shores of Rutland water in the heart of this beautiful, unspoilt and smallest county in England
Children & Infants
- Facilities for children - Swings and croquet lawn
Parking & Transport
- Car parking
- On site parking - Free
- Access to golf course
- Arrangements for riding/pony trekking
- Water sports facilities
- Cater for vegetarians
- Half board supplement (£) - per person per night
- Serve breakfast
- Serve evening meal
- Serve lunch
- Delta accepted
- JCB accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Solo accepted
- Visa accepted
Room / Unit Features
- Colour television in all bedrooms
- Four poster beds available
- Ground floor bedrooms available
- Hairdryer in all bedrooms
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms
- Telephone in all bedrooms
- Available for wedding receptions
- Central heating throughout
- Conference facilities
- Event venue
- Garden/patio for guests use
- Ironing facilities
- Pets accepted
- Real log/coal fires
- Welcome single sex groups, eg stag/hen parties
- Aim to attract conferences and business meetings
- Disabled access rooms
- Certificate of Excellence 2016
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good231
- foodlover4ever2017Rothwell, United KingdomTrip Type:Familyvery nice lunchMonday, 24th April 2017a bit of a drive but definitely worth it ..loved this place, everything was perfect .food was wonderful, the staff very attentive .the building itself is beautiful. well worth a visit .although we... Read full review
- Tracey BBoston, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesLovely place to stayWednesday, 19th April 2017We stayed here recently for a friends wedding, cannot fault this hotel it was a lovely stay with friendly helpful staff, rooms are nice with beautiful views of the countryside, breakfast was good and... Read full review
- EnglishericMelton Mowbray, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayMidday LunchTuesday, 18th April 2017Having arrived early we sat in the Lounge that needs some attention with the furnishing well worn. The restaurant was empty when we arrived, but it is not the one shown on the web page as we where... Read full review
Map & Directions
- 3 AA Stars Hotel
- 3 Visit England Stars Hotel
- Visit England Welcome Pets 2014
- AA Awards AA Breakfast Award 2010
- AA Awards AA 1 Rosette 2010
- Regional and Miscellaneous East Midlands Tourism Bronze Award 2010
|Open New Year|
|2017 - Opening (1 Jan 2017 - 31 Dec 2017)|