|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adult - 2014||£9.50 per ticket|
|Children (5-16 years) - 2014||£5.50 per ticket|
|Family ticket (2+2) - 2014||£24.50 per ticket|
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
AboutThe award winning Castle and stunning grounds have been readied for the new season.
The Castle, which is the family home of the Saunders Watson family who have lived in the Castle for 450 years, sits on an escarpment overlooking the Welland Valley and countryside beyond. Surrounding the Castle are magnificent gardens and grounds providing a haven of peace and quiet.
For children the tail of the Castle’s hapless griffin, Wentworth the gallant guardian of the Castle, continues. He lost his armour last year and now he has lost his stash of gold coins and needs help to find them. Inside the Castle the Eye Spy continues to be a success with young visitors.
A season of events for visitors takes place throughout the year starting with our Easter weekend and ending with the ever popular Christmas opening, set in 1849.
The jewel in the crown is, of course, Rockingham Castle itself. Built on the instructions of William the Conqueror to dominate the Welland Valley and subsequently a hunting lodge of Kings and for the last 450 years a family home. The rooms range from the ‘below stairs’ with the Butler’s Pantry and magnificent old kitchen to the grand ‘up stairs’ rooms with paintings, furniture, clocks and dramatic chandeliers.
The Walkers House Restaurant offering a delicious range of freshly prepared food opens, along with the Castle grounds, at 12 noon. The Castle opens at 1pm with last entry at 4.30pm.
Please check their website for opening details, but for guidence the castle is usually open:
early April to the end of May - Sundays & Bank Holiday Mondays
June to 30th September - Tuesdays, Sundays & Bank Holiday Mondays
Open 12 noon - 5pm. Grounds open at 12 noon. Castle opens at 1pm
Please note that the Castle and Grounds are CLOSED TO VISITORS ON SATURDAY'S
Rockingham Castle is participating in an online special offer, save up to 50% on an All Houses ticket entry to all of the following locations, Belvoir Castle, Burghley House, Belton House, Grimsthorpe Castle and Rockingham Castle. Fantastic value at only £24 - tickets only available at
- In countryside
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
- Certificate of Excellence 2016
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good86
- Denise Nadia CTrip Type:Friends getawayGood place for a walkSunday, 1st January 2017Nice garden, not impressive inside but is worth a visit, listening to the piano player and take photos to the surroundings. Read full review
- SoloManuel1Pontypridd, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayGreat location , quiet position with character.Saturday, 3rd December 2016Warm welcome with a tour set back in time, it was well done. Coffee and mince pies in the marquee. Walked to the peaceful church , well worth the visit. Read full review
- Gillian mLeicester, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyA Group visit -we were back inn time 1849Tuesday, 29th November 2016Rockingham is beautifully situated in the Northants countryside. We were greeted by cheerful and courteous staff, and the "housekeeper" dressed in full Victorian regalia gave us the guided tour as... Read full review
Map & Directions
|Rockingham Castle (8 Apr 2017 - 31 May 2017)|
|Monday - Saturday||Closed*|
|Rockingham Castle (1 June 2017 - 27 Sept 2017)|
|Wednesday - Saturday||Closed*|
* Open from Easter until September.Dates and times marked with a '*' are provisional and may be subject to change