Become a Discover Rutland Member
As a self funded organisation, membership is vital to the success of Discover Rutland. There are many benefits to becoming a member, such as a listing on this website, marketing opportunities through our e-newsletters and other promotions throughout the year, plus discounts on advertising in our publications and not forgetting the importance of being part of industry networking and the benefit of support and communications. You will also get a Discover Rutland membership window sticker(!)
Funds raised through membership go towards sustaining tourism in Rutland.
For more information contact Mary the tourism officer; [email protected]
10 reasons why to become a member:
- Get support from the Tourism Officer & Management Committee & Give Support and work alongside many local businesses to promote Rutland as a great tourism destination
- We’re stronger together!
- signposting to vital information on funding and guidelines
- Website listing on Rutland’s official tourism site which attracts 15,000 visitors every month
- Visitor Guide inclusion in the members list PLUS discounts on advertising
- Priority for inclusion in press releases & PR visits
- Invitations to networking events & opportunities for sharing ideas, challenges & solutions with like-minded businesses
- Raise your profile through our social media activities & through additional marketing campaigns
- Highlight your offers/news/events through our eNewsletters
- Promote your business to Rutland residents through local events & campaigns
- Be part of the Discover Rutland community and share industry news & useful information (we share scam warnings which have helped many businesses avoid financial loss)
- Help this wonderful county to be heard alongside other great British destinations
Testimonials; This is what our existing members say about Discover Rutland:
- Nick Hamilton, Barnsdale Gardens: As one of the main tourist attractions in Rutland there is no ques-tion that our business has benefited greatly from the help and assistance we get from being a member of Discover Rutland. We certainly could not afford the press coverage they are able to generate for us and/or other members, as well as those benefits gained from being able to work together as part of a group to achieve the best for every member. We have always been clear that, in this small county, we are able to achieve a lot by working together and membership of Discover Rutland gives us the best platform to real-ise our ambitions.
- The Blue Ball at Braunston: We continue to be members of Discover Rutland because it’s the best way to reach visitors to Rutland.
- Beaver Inns, Uppingham: Being part of the Discover Rutland Membership scheme has created an excel-lent platform for our three businesses. The inclusion on the website, and opportunity to edit your establish-ment’s site, especially with regard to promotions and special events has been invaluable. In addition, the Discover Rutland events which our membership entitles us to, have been an excellent way to not only demonstrate our offering at The Falcon Hotel, Don Paddy’s and The Vaults, but also to unite the all that Rutland has to offer.
- Hambleton Hall: We can see that Rutland is being recognised more and more in London as a ‘quality’ destination, and a location to rival the Cotswolds, and we congratulate Discover Rutland on the work being done towards this. We travel internationally to promote Hambleton Hall and having Discover Rutland as a strong brand helps us, it is a great benefit to have confidence in the county as well as our product.
If you have any questions about becoming a member then get in touch with Mary, Discover Rutland Tourism Officer: [email protected]