Rutland Walking Festival
2015 Dates: Sunday 17th - Saturday 30th May
The Rutland Walking Festival is back for 2015. Active Rutland leads the event and it will include family, inclusive and senior cycle rides plus two great launch events at Rutland Water and Ketton Sports Association. The popular festival is a fun packed celebration of Rutland and its glorious countryside.
The Walking Festival will host led walks to suit all ages and abilities, perfect for a family day out. The residents of Rutland are encouraged to join the many visiting walkers and cyclists, who travel from far and wide to take part.
17th - 23rd May
Rutland Walking Festival will showcase the beautiful countryside of Rutland with a range of exciting walks, taking in the beauty and diversity of Rutland’s landscape, towns and villages – and with distances ranging from a short amble to a 6 mile plus rambles, there really will be something for everyone. All walks will either run during the day or in the evening therefore accessible for all.
There's a list of Scheduled Walks with Rutland Walking Festival
- 19th May - Burghley Palk Walk, Tixover Walk, Ryhall Walk.
- 20th May - Exton and Greetham walk, Wing & Manton Walk.
- 21st May - Rutland Water Nordic Taster, Ketton Healthy Walking group walk.
- 22nd May - Seaton Walk, Exton Park Walk
- 23rd May - Family Nordic Walk taster, Launde Abbey Walk
Walk the Rutland Round in 6 days
During week two of the Festival, you can walk the 64 mile Rutland Round across 6 days with its author John Williams. What better way to get a true feel for the beauty of the county than through the eyes (and footprints!) of someone as passionate about it as John. Each section of the Rutland Round starts at 9am and places are limited for this part of the Festival, booking is essential so be sure to register your interest early. Transport will be available for those who require it.
Rutland Cycling Festival
Rutland will be hosting a weeks cycling festival to coincide with the National Bike Week, dates to be confirmed but it is usually mid June!
For more inforamtion or if you have any feedback of comments regarding Rutland Walking Festival, contact the Active Recreation Team on 01572 720936 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Things to Remember for a Safer Walk
- Be prepared! Wear suitable clothing and sturdy footwear, and take refreshments.
- Respect the countryside. Take care in crops and be considerate of livestock, fastening all gates.
- Take care when crossing or walking on roadways (walk facing oncoming traffic).
- Dogs are welcome but must be kept under close control at all times
- Select walks that are within your physical capability
- Remember to take nothing but photos and leave nothing but footprints!
All walks will end where they began, please arrive 10 minutes before the stated start time. Walk leaders reserve the right to modify the routes