Plan a family get-together or bring your club, organisation or company to Rutland for a welcome and a fabulously interesting visit!
Located off the A1 in the East Midlands, Rutland is a perfect central location – 100 miles from both London and York! A quiet rural retreat, with lots to see and do: superb accommodation, cosy inns and award winning restaurants, historic castles and country homes, a fabulous selection of conference and business facilities and a whole host of ideas for sightseeing.
For your go-to guide to understand the venue choices in Rutland, with room capacity details for meetings and functions, plus activity inspiration;
Gathering Family & Friends
Rutland is an ideal place for meeting loved ones, offering a central rural escape with things for the whole family to enjoy. Rutland offers a variety of self catering options weather you want to be all under one roof, or prefer a bit of your own space whilst being on the same site:
Rutland Hall is always popular with families as their facilities include a pool, spa, crazy golf, pitch & put, squash, tennis, play area, gym, dining – plus they are on the shores of Rutland Water, opening you up to the activities there including cycling, watersports, fishing, birdwatching, AquaPark, Bugtopia Zoo, Rutland Belle (some of these are seasonal). Barnsdale Hall have a choice of accommodation to suit all requirements and budgets, from hotel rooms to numerous chalets and apartments individually sleeping up to 8 people.
Big Self catering properties large enough for a group of 6+ in 1 unit include;
America Lodge sleeps 9
Dicks Cottage have 2 units which both sleep 8
Fairchild’s Barn have 2 neighbouring units which each sleep 11 (with hot tubs!)
Cuckoo Barn Lodge sleeps 6
Lodge Farm Cottage at Rutland Water Golf Course sleeps 6
Moo Cow Cottage sleeps 6
Rutland View sleeps 6
Rutland sites which have multiple units next to each other;
Broccoli Bottom has 6 units which together sleep 23 (there are also B&B rooms in the main house)
Rutland Lodges at Greetham Valley offer 8 eco log cabin style lodges, each sleeping 6 people, on the site of their golf course, hotel and restaurant
Rutland Luxury Lodges offer 6 log cabin style lodges sleeping 2-4people, each with hot tub and sauna, plus the site has a heated indoor pool and an established caravan & campsite with children’s play area.
Rutland Retreats has 17 environmentally friendly retreats each sleeping 4/6, with the facilities of Barnsdale Lodge hotel & restaurants just a stones throw away
Stretton Lakes has 7 lodges on the edge of fishing lakes, adjacent to fields and woodland, each lodge with it’s own hot-tub.
Clematis Cottage has 4 units which together sleep 17
Go Glamping with In the Stix luxury domes, each of the 4 domes sleeps 4 and have a hot tub.
Business Groups & Conferences
Rutland is a beautiful and interesting location to hold your conference, seminar or team-building activity and is situated in a tranquil rural location with easy access from main A roads and motorways. With fast rail links and a host of exceptional venues and hotels, all fully equipped with modern conferencing facilities, training rooms and catering facilities tailored to suit your needs, Rutland is a perfect place to bring your business, relax and enjoy our hospitality!
- Wild Wellbeing days at Rutland Water Nature Reserve: offer your employees the opportunity to spend the day surrounded by nature, whilst discovering ways to look after their health and wellbeing. The day will also give colleagues a chance to connect with each other outside of the work place, strengthening their relationships.
- BBQ Grill School with Hoggy’s Grill (max 10): enjoy a half day experience with England cricketer Mathew Hoggard schooling you on the fine art of barbequing.
- Rutland Water Sports activities: Sailing, windsurfing, kayaking, canoeing or stand up paddle boarding, the Centre is AALA, British Canoeing and RYA certified training school.
- Aqua Park Rutland: take on the UK’s tallest obstacle and tackle the inflatable course on Rutland Water
Accommodation and conference venues:
- Rutland Hall Hotel has 66 bedrooms | 9 function rooms for capacities from 6 to 200 delegates | team building events onsite and close by | beauty salon & spa onsite
- Barnsdale Lodge has 46 bedrooms | 6 function rooms for capacities from 2 to 180 | team building events onsite and close by | beauty salon onsite
- Greetham Valley Hotel has 35 bedrooms | 3 conference rooms for up to 35 delegates each – 2 function suites allowing up to 300 delegates | 2 golf courses onsite plus par 3, driving range, gym, archery, fishing and birdwatching other activities aclose by
- The Falcon Hotel has 25 bedrooms | The Garden Terrace seats up to 130, The Oak Room up to 28
- Wisteria Hotel has 25 bedrooms | 5 function rooms, 2 accommodate up to 80, 3 up to 10 (or 40 together)
- Hambleton Hall has 17 bedrooms | meeting rooms in an exclusive environment
- Redwings Lodge has 40 bedrooms
Leisure Groups / Coach Parties
Special interest groups will discover that there are plenty of exciting reasons to visit Rutland. Garden enthusiasts will probably already know that the famous Barnsdale Gardens is located here but there are also lots of other specialist garden centres and beautiful landscapes to admire.
- Indulge your passion for antiques and collectables with a fascinating array of shops and galleries in the pretty market towns of Oakham and Uppingham.
- Spend a sporty weekend on Rutland Water trying out watersports under the careful eye of professional instructors.
- Immerse yourself in our rich heritage and learn about the wonderfully preserved historic buildings here.
Browse our Discover Rutland website to uncover the huge number of expertly lead talks, workshops and activities throughout the year. Or see our Rutland Group Travel suggestions pdf here.
The market towns of Uppingham and Oakham make ideal places for coach parties to stretch their legs. There are plenty of interesting and unusual places to visit with a large number of historic buildings and attractions easily accessible to groups of varying sizes.
Uppingham coach set down point is North Street East, LE15 9QL
There is no designated coach parking unfortunately, however the laybys on Leicester Road, driving West on A47 are often used for this.
Oakham coach set down point is High Street, opposite the Market Place, LE15 6AN
Free coach parking is available in the Kilburn Road car park, LE15 6QL
Outside of the towns, your group can enjoy time at a number of attractions, many offering the perfect opportunity to purchase gifts and souvenirs;
Rutland Garden Village
Gates Garden Centre
Rutland Water Nature Reserve
Rutland Water which has 4 main car parks – The Rutland Belle docks at both Whitwell and Normanton Church
There’s a heady choice of stunning hotels which can cater superbly for your group. Or alternatively you may prefer to book a couple of holiday cottages or stay at one of our many family-run B&Bs.
For further advice on planning a group visit to Rutland, please contact the [email protected]
For Rutland Water specific enquiries please contact their visitor centre at Sykes Lane Empingham on 01780 686800 or email [email protected] – If you are looking to plan a group visit or event at Rutland Water, please complete and return the Group Request Form found on this link.