Rutland provides the perfect rural escape with lots of open spaces, no busy cities and we’re full of fantastic small businesses going out of their way (and yours) to offer a safer way of doing things.
With the roadmap to reopening in full swing, businesses now have their own protocol in place, so please make sure you check before your visit – Know Before You Go!
Things to remember
- Places continue to make changes to their protocol, please check in advance and be patient – they are all trying their hardest
- Have a facemask handy, in case some venues require them
- Follow the Government guidance
- Be respectful of the surrounding areas, to help protect the most vulnerable in those communities
- Please park respectfully
- Please take your litter home with you
Thank you for your support
Look out for the We’re Good To Go mark from VisitEngland which highlights that a tourism / hospitality business has adapted their operations in line with respective Government and public health guidance and has a COVID-19 risk assessment in place to aid staff training, social distancing and cleanliness. See a list of Rutland businesses with the Good To Go mark here.
Outdoors in Rutland – the area is blessed with many outdoor areas to visit (not just Rutland Water!);
- Barnsdale Gardens has 8 acres to explore providing plenty of inspiration for your own garden
- Rockingham Castle gardens
- Clipsham Yew Tree Avenue
- Fineshade Wood
- Country walks – take a look at our walking page for some suggestions on Rutland walking routes
Many of our fantastic local shops have had to adapt over the last few years, so do shop local and support our independent businesses.
Reconnect with family & friends with a weekend break in Rutland after lockdown
With a great central location, just 100 miles from both London and York, Rutland is easy to get to, making it ideal to gather family and friends from around England for a holiday after lockdown! With countryside walks, large gardens and the extensive and beautiful open spaces around Rutland Water, there are lots of options available.
Rural accommodation for your UK break
If you’re itching to get your caravan out, Rutland can offer you a choice of a small adult only campsite at Greendale Farm Park, or a family friendly site with play-area and indoor pool at Rutland Caravan & Camping.
Many Rutland self catering properties and glamping sites can offer a contact free holiday after lockdown – remember you can book food delivery from our fantastic local shops listed on our Shop Local Online page.