This rural and scenic destination provides a fabulous setting which host numerous outdoor sporting events for beginners through to those seeking more of a challenging.
Popular sports in Rutland include cycling, fishing, sailing, running, triathlons, open water swimming, water sports and many more.
There is a weekly parkrun at Rutland Water every Saturday at 9am starting at Normanton Church. Parkrunners can register for free via the parkrun UK website and need to bring a hard copy of their barcode. The parkrun attracts all ages and abilities who walk, jog or run the 3 miles, from babies in buggies to Nordic walkers, there is also provision for all abilities – and everyone is encouraged back to the restaurant for a drink and a chat afterwards. Junior parkrun happens every Sunday, also at Normaton at 9am, but a shorter distance of 2km and lots more cheering! £1 all day parking for park runners on the day.
Annual Sports Events Hosted in Rutland
• Rutland Marathon: 1500-2000 participants + spectators
• Spring Half Marathon: approx. 1500 participants + spectators
• 10k Night Run: 500 participants
• Vitruvian Triathlon: 1100-200 participants + spectators
• Dambuster Triathlon: 800 – 1000 participants + spectators
• Swim Rutland: 700 -1000 participants + spectators
• Night Swim: 200 participants
• Rutland – Melton International CiCLE Classic
• UK Windsurfing Association: 50 – 100 participants
• World Lure Championships (Fishing): 120 participants in 2018
• AW AirFlo International (Fishing): 200 participants