Welcome to Discover Rutland – official place marketing organisation for the county, tasked with raising the profile of Rutland nationally and internationally!
Free Resources – Journalist Toolkit
Known as The County of Good Taste, Rutland attracts interest from many as a perfect rural escape which is still somewhat undiscovered. Holding the title of England’s smallest County and being home to the inspiring Rutland Water, provide lots of scope for articles and inspiration. We want to help you promote the county to your audiences to!
Rutland offers the ideal central spot, just 100 miles from both London and York, great for gathering friends and family from all corners of England. With tranquil countryside and small traditional market towns to satisfy the peace seekers, the opportunities for action at Rutland Water to appeal to the adrenaline junkies and the plethora of family attractions, there really is something for everyone – but no matter what your choice, it is always accompanied by excellent food & drink from award winning pubs, Michelin starred restaurants and cosy cafes.
The county has lots of history, and many stories to tell, this page of free resources is aimed to aid journalists, businesses and marketers promote the county, but if you can’t see what you’re looking for just email [email protected]
Free Resources available;
Themed Campaigns to get involved with;
- #DiscoverRutlandIndependents highlighting the local independent shops in the county and #shopRutland
- #TheCountyofGoodTaste and #DiscoverRutlandFood to celebrate the fantastic food & drink offering from both providers and producers
- Discover Rutland Food & Drink Week in October each year, showcasing our foody businesses through a week of events and promotions
- English Tourism Week using the national campaign to raise local awareness of the attractions on your doorstep partnering with Rutland and Stamford Sounds
- Rutland Walking & Cycling Festival